FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 19, 2014
I-95 Interchange Improvements, from Hillsboro Boulevard to SW 10th Street Open House
DEERFIELD BEACH – On Tuesday January 13, 2015, the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will host an informational Open House for the I-95 interchange improvement project, from Hillsboro Boulevard to SW 10th Street, in the City of Deerfield Beach. The meeting will be held from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. at the City of Deerfield Beach, located at 150 NE 2nd Avenue, Deerfield Beach, FL, 33441. Project personnel will be on hand to discuss the scope of work, construction schedule, and address questions and comments one-on-one. No formal presentation will be made. This project is the first of five interchange improvement projects throughout Broward and Palm Beach Counties; the combined cost for all five locations is $32.5 million. This 1.5-mile project will begin construction on January 5, 2015, and is expected to be completed spring 2017, weather permitting. Work is being performed by Community Asphalt Corp., with Cardno overseeing the project for the FDOT.
Scope of Work
Interchange improvements on I-95, between Hillsboro Boulevard and SW 10th Street, including:
· Widening of southbound I-95 to include construction of auxiliary lane from the Hillsboro Boulevard entrance ramp to the SW 10th Street exit ramp
· Widening the existing southbound I-95 exit ramp to SW 10th Street to two (2) lanes, including addition of a free flow right turn to westbound SW 10th Street
· Widening westbound SW 10th Street to include acceleration lane
· Bridge widening, milling and resurfacing of existing pavement
· Utility relocation, installation of barrier walls, curbs, sidewalks, guardrail, drainage, overhead signs, signing and pavement marking, signals, lighting and retaining walls
Maintenance of Traffic
Project-related lane closures on I-95 between Hillsboro Boulevard and SW 10th Street, can be expected Sunday night through Thursday night, from 9:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. A minimum of one (1) lane of traffic shall remain open in each direction at all times.